Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item that I link to then I will make a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
This post was last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 11:01 am
Whether you want to travel short term or long term you are probably wondering how you can achieve it whilst still earning a living. For some, it seems like an impossible task whereas others take it in their stride and seem to travel forever. Most people struggle to save money to travel and therefore making money while on the move becomes a necessity. You do have options, you don’t have to give up on the dream of travelling just because you’re not able to save.
If you do save, it is, of course, going to give you a head start but you can still take advantage of earning money while you travel even if it’s to recoup some of your savings.
Have a look below at some of the ways you can make money while traveling:
There are many ways that you can make money while you’re traveling short term. Just because you aren’t;t moving away for a long period it doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage. Have a look at these to get you started:
- Rent Out Your Home While Your Away- A fantastic way that people are making money nowadays when traveling is by renting their own property out as tourist accommodation on sites such as Airbnb, it’s even possible to rent your accommodation out for fund that sits in the account that you can use on your own bookings. All you need to do is make sure you update the availability and add in the dates you plan to travel as available to book. It might be worth asking a reliable family member or friend to be on hand to answer any questions that renters may have.
- Have A Side Project- If you’re taking unpaid time away from a full-time job you might want to consider taking on a side project such as a CBD business opportunity and create a small business that can help to fund your travels.
- Create A Blog- Ok so creating a blog isn’t going to automatically make you money, it’s going to require some effort, however, if you’re planning on short term traveling on a regular basis, blogging about your travels and then taking advantage of tools such as affiliate marketing could be a decent earner.
When you’re traveling long term it becomes more vital for you to think about the ways you can earn money whilst on the move, no one has an unlimited supply of savings so earning enough to fund your journey is important. Some easy ways you can do this include:
- Work in The Hostels- If you’re planning on staying in one destination for a while why not ask if there is any opportunities for work in the hostels, whether it’s for cash or for free accommodation it could be worthwhile.
- Freelance Work- Depending on your skill set, you should be able to find some sort of freelance work that you can complete while on the road. Whether it’s using your accountancy skills, web designing, teaching English or creating content, there is a large variety of freelance work available.
- Look for Part-time or a Short-term Job- Again if you know you will be staying in one location for a while there is no reason you can’t look for some temporary work while you are there.
- Move money- if you have some savings or someone who will lend you some money back home you can transfer the money to a local account to help fund your travels.
These are just a few ways that you can make money while you travel there are others. Do you have any that you can share in the comments area below?